How to Get the Most Out of Your B17 Paint Stripper?
- Paint Stripper? https://thedroops.com/how-to-get-the-most-out-of-your-b17-paint-stripper/">
When it comes to making the best use of b17 stripper, so it can be only possible if you learn about this stripping chemical in various aspects. From pros and cons to key tips for using a stripper, and the right way to use b17 paint stripper for wood.
In this comprehensive article, we are going to discuss it all. DO NOT CLOSE THIS TAB!
Pros & Cons of using b17 Paint Stripper for Wood
Before using a B17 paint stripper for wood, it is important to understand the pros and cons of the process. This chemical can be very hazardous if not used properly. It can damage the wood and leave it discolored. Therefore, it is important to wear protective clothing while using the chemical.
B17 is the best powder coating stripper gaining high demand in the US market. It removes most types of powder coatings in a matter of twenty minutes. Another advantage of B17 is it retains its stripping efficiency much longer than other products, so you can reuse it without worrying about losing its effectiveness.
Moreover, B17 is extremely efficient at room temperature, so you will not have to worry about heating the tank to improve its performance. B17 also strips most coatings in a fraction of time required by blast stripping. And, it does not damage the substrate.
The only drawback is that it’s quite hard to clean after using it. In addition, using caustic soda to remove the paint can cause severe damage to the wood.
Best Tips and tricks for using B17 Paint Stripper for Wood
The best way to use the b17 stripper is in an isolated or properly ventilated area with no temperature above 104 degrees F.
If you plan to use B17 outside, it’s best to use a heavy gauge steel or HDPE tank. This will help the chemicals stay afloat, as they can vaporize. Use a common box fan or open the garage door if you are working indoors. The vapors will naturally sink to the ground.
Depending on the type of paint, you can use the B-17 paint stripper to strip powder-coated surfaces. It will take about 30 seconds to remove the powder coating on alloy wheels with minimal damage. You can also use a powder-coating removal agent like acetone to remove the coating. This method is safer, but you need special equipment and specialized ovens.
Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions and wear protective clothing while working with paint strippers. Also, don’t skimp on the paint remover – use a generous amount. If you don’t see any results in the first attempt, give it another go.
The process of paint stripping can be time-consuming and frustrating. It’s best to try to work in an area with good ventilation and wear safety clothing. Before you start using a chemical stripper, you should test it first on a small piece of metal to see if it works well. If it doesn’t, you might need to use a different type of paint stripper.
How to Remove Power Coating with B17 Stripper?
Chemical removal of a powder coating is among the simplest methods. In less than 20 minutes, B17, an industrial liquid chemical stripper with a high methylene chloride content, can remove tough powder coating.
Because of how aggressive this chemical application is, extra safety measures must be used when handling it. A heavy-duty rubber apron, eye protection, and gloves are needed for safe handling and injury prevention. B17 will burn flesh immediately upon touch, so extreme precautions must be used.
Here’s the tripping Procedure
- By dipping the object in the stripper, apply B17. Never use a flow or continuous flow pump system to apply.
- For small items, brush application can be the best option. Before removing, immerse the product and let all coatings come off.
- One application will remove all of the coatings from goods having numerous coatings. If one application does not completely remove all coatings, immediately immerse again and scrape off any remaining coatings.
- For optimal results, reapply a coat of stripper before removing the finish if the substance has dried on the surface.
- Stripped finishes can be removed with a scraper or brush, albeit most things don’t require brushing.
- To prolong the life of the stripper, previously removed finishes may be reapplied. Once finishes have been removed from the surface, rinse with water for the best effects.
- On magnesium surfaces, do not use. With this product, proceed with the utmost caution because it will instantly cause serious skin and eye burns.
- Use water to clean. For most uses, submerging in a tank of water is effective. It works better to take a bath with warm water. A water bath heated to a temperature exceeding 104 degrees Fahrenheit will also flash off all of the methylene chlorides, leaving no trace of it in the water bath. The pH of the water bath should be kept between 8 and 10.
- The pH should be adjusted using soda ash when using a water bath for an extended period.
Where to Buy B17 Stripping Chemical?
Solvent Replacement is the best platform to get top-quality and reliable solvent products, including paint stripper, paint removers, and metal degreasers.